Yesterday, the Furniture Flip designers gathered to hear the three design themes for the first time. These themes will provide the inspiration for their work. After the themes were announced, the 10 teams had an exclusive after-hours shopping party, where they were able to purchase the raw materials for their designs. You could tell by the energy of the designers that this is going to be a fun show!
And the 2015 Furniture Flip themes are…
- Central Oregon Centric: Capture the spirit of our community
- Ugly Duckling: Transform an eyesore into salvaged style
- Creatively Repurposed: Change the use of the item
The designers will compete for the following awards:
- People’s Choice Award: This award will be chosen by votes during the event. Each event attendee will receive one ticket.
- Judges Choice Award: This award will be decided by the Furniture Flip Committee, which will choose the designer/design team that best portrayed the design themes and the spirit of reuse.
- Trashy to Classy Award: This award will be decided by the Furniture Flip Committee, which will determine which designer/design team was most resourceful in their work by reviewing the new-material receipts and before pictures. The Trashy to Classy award will be awarded to the thriftiest of designers.
Theme awards for individual peices: will be determined by guest judges
- Top Central Oregon Centric Creation
- Top Ugly Duckling Transformation
- Top Creatively Repurposed Redesign
All pieces produced for the inaugural Furniture Flip will be for sale on April 25, from 7-10 p.m (during April’s Last Saturday event) at Armature, in the Old Iron Works Art District, Bend. All proceeds benefit Bend Area Habitat for Humanity.